Monday, August 9, 2010

This Week's Ingredients

Good morning everyone! Maggie and I have returned from a fantastic weekend back home and are ready to jump into a brand new week. Okay, maybe not 'ready to jump in' more like 'reluctantly trudging back to work' but it's pretty much the same thing. With today being Monday, that does mean one very big thing - it's grocery day! So, without further delay - here's our ingredients for this week:

Pillsbury Golden Homestyle Biscuits
2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (For 2 recipes)
1 Medium White Onion
White Wine
Frozen Peas & Carrots
A&E Heavy Cream
1 Pound Cubed Chicken
Eggs
1 Lemon
Bakery Fresh Buns
Pepperidge Farm Light Wheat Bread
Roasted Red Bell Peppers (In a jar)
Orzo Pasta
A&E Sour Cream
Ricotta Cheese
4 Scallions


As you can see, the key ingredient this week is chicken. I'm using it on two days, and Maggie is cooking with the poultry on her day as well. What we're doing to it each time, however, is extremely different. Our recipes this week - while starting off with the same main ingredient - will be totally unique from a lot of things we've made before. It's going to be a interesting week here on the blog (as it always is, of course!)

We're working with the usual schedule. I'm taking Tuesday and Thursday, Maggie is taking Wednesday. We will also have a special weekend post that will go up on Sunday. Sadly, I have the late shift this week and wont be home until 6:30 - so expect the blogs to be up a little later than they were last week.

That's all we have for you today. I'm back tomorrow with a dish that has been plaguing me since we started cooking. I think I have the trick to beat it now(I hope...) Come back tomorrow evening to see what I'm cooking up. Until then,

~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment