Thursday, June 10, 2010

Site Update 2.0!!

As you've already noticed - I've updated our blog (again). Way back when I updated the site for the first time - I mentioned that I wasn't a fan of the dots background, but the layout and settings it provided fit with our needs, so we went with it.

Over the past two days, I've been playing with many different looks and designs with the site; In fact, if you stopped by at 5:00 p.m. yesterday, you probably saw an orange design that I almost went with. However, I was never really sold on any one design...until tonight. Just this evening Google graciously opened up more tools for me to play with and this is the design we decided upon.

It adds more color, gives us a very unique look, and (most importantly) opens up even more space. I always disliked the large amounts of wasted space along the sides. Now, this space is (better) utilized.

I just wanted to pop in and highlight our second major redesign. We hope everyone enjoys it. Be sure to scroll down to the post below this one if you haven't read the recipe (and experiences - and boy was there an experience with this one) for tonight.

We did discover a few interesting things while out and about in the Des Moines area tonight - things that I'm going to convert into a quick Saturday post. Be sure to check in over the weekend for a quick feature. Until then, enjoy the new site!

~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment