Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting ZESTY With Supper

Good evening everyone! It's already Wednesday, I can't believe how fast this week is going! It probably doesn't help that we have a big event coming up this Saturday...Anyway, impending life changing events aside - tonight was Maggie's night in the kitchen. Just like my recipe last night, Maggie was aiming to use what we had in the cupboards. Only needing to pick a lemon for her recipe, I'd say Maggie did a pretty good job at using what we had. I'll turn the keyboard over to Maggie and let her share her recipe for the evening.

The Recipe: Garlic Roast Chicken With Rosemary & Lemon
Original Recipe Found In: Classic 30-Minute Meals: The All-Occasion Cookbook

What You'll Need:

1 1/2 - 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (2 Teaspoons Dried)
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grated Zest Of 1 Lemon (Plus Juice)
1 Tablespoon Grill Seasoning Blend
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine

All of tonight's ingredients are likely hiding in your cupboard right now


Hi everyone, this will be my last post...as a Miss...  I'm super excited about this weekend, I just can't believe it's already here!!  Anyhow, enough about me rambling about the wedding.  This recipe was almost too easy; people who say that cooking is too hard will find this recipe a breeze.  


I started by thawing (via microwave) my chicken that been inhabiting our freezer.  Whilst these were thawing, I preheated the oven to 450 degrees.  I also incorporated the garlic, rosemary, evoo, the lemon zest, and grill seasoning blend into a baking dish.  


Lemon zest




And...everything else




After the chicken thawed, I cut them into 1/2 inch cubes and tossed with the herb/lemon/oil mixture.  I then put the the mixture in the oven and cooked for 20 minutes.  After the combination finishes cooking, remove from the oven and add the wine and lemon juice.  Return to the oven, turn off the oven, and cook for five minutes.  Remove from oven and serve!


Tossed and ready to cook




The End Result:






The combination of lemon and white wine was a lovely aromatic pairing.  The rosemary, garlic, and grill seasoning blend was also quite pleasing to the palate.  Unfortunately, I did not look at the what I had in my hand when I was measuring the rosemary.  I thought I had the 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon...I had the 1 teaspoon.  So instead of 2 teaspoons of rosemary, I had 4...It was a little overpowering to say the least.  But, again, this recipe was so incredibly easy and a lot of the ingredients are most that everyone has in their kitchen.  A nice side dish of salad greens or some sort of mashed potatoes would complete this dinner.  See you on the flip side of the wedding everyone!!




Thanks Maggie! Outside of the invasion of rosemary in this dish - tonight's recipe was extremely tasty. Like Maggie mentioned, it uses ingredients that most normal cooks already have in their kitchen and took just shy of 30 minutes to make. Simple to make and great to enjoy - this recipe is worth an attempt.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is all we have for you this evening. As we've mentioned all week, this weekend is our long anticipated wedding. We will be off Thursday the 2nd through Monday the 13th. Be sure to become a fan of Out Of The Culinary on Facebook - that will be the best way to know when we've returned to our amateur chef ways. It's been a 'easy recipe' week with a fairly similar theme, but given what we both have on our minds, we hope you all are understanding!

So, be sure to stop back on September 13th for when we resume blogging (this time as amateur MARRIED chefs, rather than amateur engaged chefs!) Until then,

~Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment